I Only Have Time for a Boring Update!

Hello all!
            I’m really sorry, but this post is just going to be a short update on life because I didn’t have the time to formulate a cohesive rant…or as cohesive as I get, anyway. First starting with the reason I didn’t have time for Bite Me this week:

            Spring Break! It’s BGSU’s Spring Break, and deity knows we all need it. I headed to my hometown yesterday to visit the parents, a tiny, silent farmy town east of Cleveland. I spent today hanging out with my mom and preparing for my trip tomorrow to Pittsburgh to hang with GG for the weekend! AHHH! I am so excited. I’ve never been to Pitt, and I miss GG like crazy.  I can’t wait to meet the friends she’s always talking about and cause a little mayhem in Pitt. Her parents are really conservative, though, which makes me nervous about staying under their roof (I mean, come on….it’s me.) Also, I’m a die-hard Browns fan, and I’ll be in the heart of Steelers country. I’m going to have to seriously learn to bite my tongue. But either way I’m twelve shades of excited!

            Lent: It fucking sucks. I believe I intended to bring up Lent in this blog earlier but completely forgot. By now my invisible/imaginary readers know I’m not a religious person, and most definitely don’t lean toward Christianity/Catholicism. I have, however, participated in Lent since high school. I have my reasons for participating…none of which are religious. The biggest reason is that during the winter, my diet scale tips towards sweets and junk food. I give up sweets or junk food—or both—for Lent as a way to break myself of the habit before it gets out of hand.

            Another reason, and yes, I realize it’s terrible, but…I do get a smug satisfaction about the fact that I can make it through Lent when nearly all of my friends of the Catholic faith fail miserably.

            Yeah, I’m a bitch, but hey, I’m honest about it.

            Anyway, this year, like the past few years, I’ve given up both sweets and junk food. The first week was all right, but it all went downhill from there. The sudden drop of endorphins makes me go completely insane. My friends, true to their nature, can’t stop breaking my balls about it. Swarley and his girlfriend bought my favourite flavor of Dippin’ Dots (cookie dough!) and ate them right in front of me, jokingly offering me a bite. One of my dear sweet darlings even sent me a video of themselves eating a chocolate cupcake.

            Bastards!

            But I’d totally do the same, so I can’t blame them for taking advantage of my self-induced torture. I’m counting down the days til Easter, when I will stuff my face with anything covered in chocolate.

            …What up.

            Well, that’s about all I have to update. I’m sure I’ll have funny stories about Dee Does Pittsburgh next week. I hope everyone else is having an amazing Spring Break!

This is where I'll be tomorrow!

Comments

Popular Posts