Pets are Awesome: Random Pics

     Today, I’m home sick, voiceless, coughing, and all but injecting tea between my toes to recover. As I sit in front of my laptop huddled up in a blanket, Stella Crüe, my crazy naked rat dog, is curled up on a pillow inches away, snoring surprisingly loudly for such a little creature. Every now and then, my cats Luka and Rufio will do a sweep of the living room, nuzzling my ankles before going about their daily feline activities.


            I really can’t imagine life without pets in it. I’ve been an animal person all my life, and their companionship is essential to my wellbeing. I have many friends who aren’t “pet people,” and I don’t mean this in a judgmental way, but I don’t get it. The “issues” with having animals that are so often sited are so infinitesimal to me compared to the happiness that they bring to a home. For some people, scooping a litter box and going outside for a walk a couple of times today is apparently the kiss of death, but for me, it’s totally worth it. Luka, Stella, and Rufio are perfect companions, extremely entertaining, and their affection has kept me afloat during extremely difficult periods of my life. I couldn’t thrive without them.

            So because I’m sick and drowsy and unable to rant, here are a bunch of pics of my three darlings, plus one bonus picture of my future darling, an ivory ball python I just purchased to perform with me. I don’t have a name for him yet, and he won’t be able to ship over from Massachusetts until the weather warms up, but I’m so excited to have a snake again, and I can’t wait until he joins the family!


            Love you all.  Off I go for yet another cup of tea. Pity me!

Meet my unnamed futuresnake!


Luka on her first day home in 2009.

                                  

We are not impressed.

Cuddle time.

Puppy Stella in mid leap.

Don't kiss a largely white cat while
wearing red lipstick.

Dogs can smile!

I never sleep alone.

If you need a laugh, a Chinese Crested
is your dog. They are hilarious
without intending to be.



This picture is years old, but I still
can't ever read without feline interruption.

Badass.


My favourite family portrait.


Rufio didn't understand that the Boyfriend
was on the floor because he was incredibly drunk.


Mood shot.



"...why?"


Rufio with a stain of dye between his eyes
because he couldn't keep away while I
dyed my hair.


From yesterday, when the cold plague
began. Stella is a constant companion
when I'm sick.

Comments

Popular Posts