Deelicious Recipes: Cherry Sour Cream Coffee Cake

You will hate me for showing you this recipe, because it is insanely delicious and insanely terrible for you. But your mouth will love me.

...uh...moving on.



Courtesy of http://whitneyinchicago.wordpress.com/


1 stick butter, at room temperature (just leave it out on the counter for an hour or two. Microwaves always melt it.)
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 cup flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 pinch of salt
1 cup sour cream
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 can cherry pie filling

Preheat oven to 350.  Grease and flour 9-inch round or square pan. I usually grease with butter, but you can use that spray grease stuff, too. PAM! That's it! I am a genius.

Sift the flour, baking powder, salt. Set aside.

Cream butter and sugar together until smooth. Add egg until fully incorporated.

Transfer dry ingredients to butter mixture. Mix....duh.

Stir in vanilla and sour cream. 

Here's what I do with the cherry pie filling, but only because I'm not a huge fan of the fruity goo. I put most of the pie filling in a colander and run some water over it until a decent amount of the goo is gone. If you like the filling, keep more of it in. I keep just enough to make it swirl a bit in the dough.

Add cherries into batter and fold until incorporated.

Transfer batter to pan. Distribute evenly.

Bake on center rack for about 30 minutes, depending on your oven.

Let cool before nomming intensively.

Guys. It's fucking delicious. I'm sorry/you're welcome.

Comments

Popular Posts