Deelicious Recipes: Bubble Buns

Heeeeyyyy kids!

So, I realized today that I have a blog post due roughly tomorrow, ran through about fourteen ideas in my head about what to write, panicked, and decided to post a recipe. A more creative (or at the very least, more entertaining) post to come next week! At the moment I happen to be balls deep in my Demetrius and Chloe project, sooooo here are some delicious baked goods!

Now, I learned this recipe back in high school, and it is one of the few times I use pre-made dough. It's easy, delicious, absolutely decadent, and you will hate me for showing you how to make it. Most people will call this a muffin version of "monkey bread", but in my household, monkey bread was an entirely different and utterly awesome recipe, so to me they are "bubble buns", the title under which I learned them, anyway.

Prepare to get fat.

Not my picture, but yeah...looks like this.


Bubble Buns

1 can (roll?) refrigerated biscuit dough--I use flaky jumbo ones, usually, not flavoured with butter or anything like that.

1 cereal bowl half filled with a sugar/cinnamon mixture of desired proportions. (Yeah, yeah, don't whine about my units of measurement. If you're scared of using too much cinnamon, just use the chocolate syrup in milk method: put a little cinnamon in the sugar, mix it, and add more until it's light or dark enough for you)


1 stick melted butter, obviously in a bowl.

--Preheat oven according to biscuit dough instructions. Grease/spray/butter a muffin tin.

--Separate biscuit dough into individual biscuits. Cut biscuits into fourths. Roll biscuit fourths into little balls.

--Dunk biscuit balls (hehehe...biscuit balls) in butter, then roll buttery biscuit balls (hehehehehe!) in cinnamon/sugar mixture.

--Moosh biscuit balls into muffin tin, four to each muffin.

--Bake according to biscuit instructions.

--Remove from oven, let cool.

Nom intensively.

These little bastards are seriously delicious. The cinnamon/sugar/butter kind of caramelizes into this decadent brown sugary goodness, it is so good. In my opinion, they're the tastiest when they're warm and fresh out of the oven, like most baked goods.  And the best part about this recipe is that it's stupid easy. And cheap. And addictive. It's also an easy recipe to experiment with. You can make apple cinnamon bubble buns and other little additions quite easily.

See you next week, my lovelies.

Comments

Popular Posts