My crazy Pets: Luka

 Now for the final introduction in My Crazy Pets, my eldest cat, Luka!

Go on. Move me. I dare you.
I've lived with cats all my life. I was practically raised by them, which explains my penchant for cuddling and how I sometimes yawn with my tongue sticking out (ha! Kidding...about being raised by cats, anyway.) I've met people who don't like cats at all, and I never understood why.

"They're just...mean." cat haters would say, "They're moody, pissy, and they don't want anything to do with you."

I always brushed off such comments. Sure, cats are more independent creatures than, say, dogs, but every cat I ever had was a purring furry mass of cuddly love.

And then came Luka.

I got Luka with one of my exes as a kitten about three years ago. She was a quirky ball of energy, like most kittens are, with a special love for wrapping her tiny paws around hands and biting the crap out of them. Getting her declawed did nothing to stop this habit.

Eventually Luka grew into a beautiful cat with huge green eyes, perfect Egyptian-eye markings, and subtle splashes of orange spattered about her tawny tabby coat. Wow, assonance. Anyway, like most beautiful girls, Luka is a B.I.T.C.H. Queen Bitch, as I sometimes call her. She has absolutely no reservations about biting anyone at any time for no reason at all. She will be happily sitting in your lap, purring and squinting with contentment, and once you've let your guard down, she lets out a single warning chirp and BAM, she pounces on your hand like her larger ancestors on a gazelle.  I've never had a cat like this, and when I noticed this behaviour, I got worried. I actually consulted a vet, worrying that she was in some sort of pain that caused her random spurts of pissiness, but the vet simply said, "No, it's a behavioural thing. She's just one of those cats, you know?"

Now for her redemption. Though Luka is a moody bitch cat, she's also extremely cuddly. Without fail, she is resting against my shoulder when I go to bed, and she's there to greet me when I wake up in the morning, purring and roughly nuzzling my hand to wake me. She also loves my bathroom sink, as indicated by the picture. Frequently when I'm brushing my teeth in the morning, she'll jump onto the sink and put her little paws on my shoulders, standing on her hind legs and demanding I love her this very instant. She loves laps, especially the laps of those who are uneasy about her, like Venus and recently Paws, a gorgeous pet-loving friend of mine who has been occasionally crashing on my couch recently. Luka will sit in your lap until you can't feel your legs anymore, and she'll fight you if you try to move her out of your way.  She has the RIGHT to be there, dammit. You're in HER house!  She also likes to spend her days avoiding Rufio, who can't seem to stop attacking and mounting her even though he has no hope of making kittens without his balls. Luka will occasionally play with Stella, but most often the Crue is unworthy of the attentions of Her Highness. In fact, the canine can be quite a nuisance.

In short, Luka can be sweet and cuddly, and she can also be a crazy, pissy Queen Bitch. But she's my bitch, and I love her.

Comments

Popular Posts