Return to Neverland

Yes, I’m alive and I haven’t posted on this blog in…………………….a while. I’m a bad, bad, naughty blogger and you’ll have to spank me later because I have big news!

…sorry, now I’m giggling.



Anyway, to make an extremely long, boring, and depressing story short, May was rough, and June was absolutely terrible. I’m hoping for July to be a wonderful month becaaaause…it’s my last month in Columbus!

I’ve been thinking about finishing my degree for quite a while.  After spending a couple of years down here, I’ve made the decision to actually go back and finish what I started. I’m only a few classes shy of graduating, and though my field of study isn’t what you would call lucrative, I think it’s important that I get the degree. I’m the kind of girl who’s more haunted by actions I didn’t take and the things I’ve left unfinished. I’d personally rather struggle as a college grad than a college dropout.

I’m extremely excited. As my invisible/imaginary blog readers know, BG has always had my little black heart. It is home to some of my best friends and to Ination, my extended family. It’s a place of comfort and safety, of infinite hugs and familiar smiles. BG won’t be my home forever, but I’m happy to return to my beloved Neverland for a year or two of new adventures.

Columbus is a wonderful city and has been an extremely friendly and accommodating to me. I love it here. I found wonderful friends, a tribe to dance with, and a great job with excellent coworkers. I can’t speak too much for the future, but in this moment, I can say that Columbus may be my home for quite some time after I’ve finished school. But until I come back, I’ve made a bucket list of things for me to do this month before I head back to Neverland, and that’s what I’ll be doing all July.


Anyway, sorry this post was so quick, so dull, and so awkward! It’ll take me a bit to get back into the swing of blogging. Here are some pics of my sweet Prometheus to make up for it!









Comments

Popular Posts