Deelicious Recipes: Alfredo, Bitch!

Ahhh, alfredo. The dish by which I judge every new Italian restaurant I check out. I don't care how unhealthy it is, alfredo is pure heaven. I've tried a ton of recipes in this particular department, but I find that the simplest recipe is the best. Alfredo sauce is ridiculously easy to make and ridiculously delicious.


Heads up, though, every once in a while this sauce fails to thicken for me (what up) A little cornstarch (don't overdo it!) will fix that.

By the way, if I hear any whining about calorie count, I will find you and force feed this sauce down your throat, slowly and painfully, like that Gluttony guy in Seven. 

That got weird.

Just indulge, dammit.

Image from evernewrecipes.com.
Excuse me while I lick the screen.


Alfredo Deliciousness

1 pint heavy whipping cream (the real deal, dammit! None of that half and half shit!)
1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cups parmesan cheese (a word here, whenever I try to use Kraft parmesan, it burns at the bottom of the saucepan. Oddly enough, generic brands have always worked better for me.)

Throw three ingredients of dairy goodness into medium sized saucepan over medium low heat until smooth. Remove from heat, sauce should thicken. If sauce doesn't thicken, add a little cornstarch at a time and stir until thick.

Pour over noodles.

Nom intensively and without shame.

Comments

Popular Posts