Crazy Delicious Feta Spread; Plus a Mini Update.


Ciao all!



October is kicking my ass! This is my one weekend breather between travelling around Northern Ohio and performing. Earlier this month, my troupe hosted our first show, Serpentine Sideshow, which was a ton of fun. And last weekend I crossed modeling (promo photos for dance doesn’t count) off of my bucket list by participating in the CAC Group Shoot and shooting with four photographers. I was awkward as hell in front of the camera, but it was a ton of fun. My birthday’s in four days (woo!) and I’ll be celebrating the night before at my beloved Ination and then performing at Trauma, Columbus’s infamous Halloween fetish party, the day of with my troupe. I can’t wait! But I also can’t wait for November so I have time to breathe.

At the end of this post are some pictures from my crazy October. But for now, I’m sorry, but I’m throwing a recipe at you, my darlings. All of my creativity is focused elsewhere until November.

I’m kind of addicted to cheese, and feta is one of my favourites. This dip is easy, delicious, and healthy (okay, at least not unhealthy.) I frequently bring this spread and a bit of French bread to work for lunch, and I need to start bringing extra because my coworkers love it. I use my food processor to make it, but don’t freak if you don’t have one; a blender should work just as well with this recipe.

And guys, I actually use measurements for this recipe! Rejoice!

                                 
Not my image. I usually eat this stuff
too fast for there to be photographic evidence.
From www.loveandbellinis.com



Feta Spread of Awesome

8 oz feta cheese
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 clove minced garlic (or more, if you love garlic as much as I do)
6 tablespoons olive oil

Dump all ingredients unceremoniously into food processor.

Blend until contents look like something you can spread on a cracker.

Nom intensively.

There you go, so easy it’s ridiculous. If you’re feeling adventurous, add some thyme or a splash of Sriracha sauce to the dip, but I think it’s delicious as is. Now, go to your kitchens! Make this now, thank me later.

Here are some pictures from my October insanity!
  
During my Queen of the Damned solo
at the Serpentine Sideshow!
Courtesy of Mike Chambers.
Our troupe performance, Vermilion (which I choreographed, be proud!)
Courtesy of Mike Chambers.

                               

With the wonderful LG Raw.
A tamer one from my beloved Boyd of Visions of Excess.
Other photos may crop up as I receive permission to use them.

Happy Halloween, my darlings!

Comments

Popular Posts