The Tiniest, Most Pathetic Update After An Inexcusable Absence!

Part of our gorgeous new place!


HELLOOOOO!


I’m sorry for the inexcusably long hiatus, but holy shit, has it been an eventful couple months! I’ve spent a month going from post idea to post idea, so I’m just going to post these quick bullet points as a stupid update, then I will have a real damn post next week…dammit!



• The new office job has given me the freedom to do all of the things I’d been planning on doing in a previous post…

                              
My troupe! We have a secret...
• And belly dance has quickly swallowed 90% of my free time. I’ve performed solo twice now (woo!), the troupe is planning a Halloween show, and I even have a Facebook page. It’s been wild and the ball keeps rolling, so all of my other plans (except for writing) may take a back seat until November. I’m absolutely fine with this, honestly. Writing and dance are my main passions, and as long as I have time for both, I’m a well-balanced Dee. I’m still hungry to learn new things, but I can wait.

Also, now that I’ve performed on my own, I feel legitimate enough to announce on Bite Me that my dance name is Serina Strychnine. My troupe, Tribe Noire, also has a Facebook page now. 

Courtesy of Laura Dark.
http://lauradark.net/

• Also, we moved. Bam, just like that. It was very sudden and we had very little time. We’ve been camped in the new place, a beautiful townhome in Dublin, for about a month. And we love it, other than the lingering boxes. My favourite features include a huge closet with room for me to make an even bigger reading nook than I had at the old place, and a second bedroom that I have somehow convinced The Boyfriend to let me use primarily as a dance/yoga space! Yeah, I know, he deserves a medal. The one downside to our new home is that the walls are thin. We can hear our neighbor walking up the stairs, people in our parking lot, etc. Stella’s a barker, so we’ll be working on quieting her down so the neighbors don’t want to kill us. But on the plus side, it keeps my temper in check because I’m forced not to yell when I get angry.

So that’s what’s been happening. I’ve had one hell of a block going on with Bite Me these past couple months, but I swear, I swear, I swear, I will have a real post next week.

Ciao, darlings!


Also, The Boyfriend took me on a date
that was SO amazing that I was
afraid he was proposing or something. 0.0

Comments

Popular Posts