Deelicious Recipes: Cream Cheese Pepper Bites

HEEEEEELLLLLOOOOOOOOO!

So I've spent the past twelve days throwing around three separate ideas for my next post on here, and I haven't been able to decide on one. Now I'm working on a present for Monroe's wedding in a couple of days, soooo I'm throwing out a recipe.

This recipe is one of the two things that kept me sane during Lent this year. If kale chips are my potato chip substitute, these were my popcorn. They are absolutely delicious, and, as usual, ridiculously easy to make. They're also not terribly unhealthy. Make and enjoy!

As I made up this recipe, there are absolutely no measurements. Sorry, everything's to taste. Don't be scared!



Cream Cheese Pepper Bites

-Small sweet peppers (I get the little bags they have a Kroeger...Mighty Minis, or whatever silly title they have it under)
-Cream cheese (I get the spreadable kind)
-Minced garlic (just a bit, you could easily garlic these to death)
-Basil, oregano, or your favourite spice. I use basil.

Preheat oven to 400F

-Mix cream cheese, garlic, and basil/spice.
-Cut however many mini peppers you want in half lengthwise and de-seed them. Arrange them on a cookie sheet or a baking sheet.
-Spread cream cheese mixture on pepper halves. I use a liiiittle bit of the mixture on each pepper. If you use too much the cream cheese overpowers everything. I use it kind of like butter on bread.
-Cook peppers for 10-12 minutes.
-Let cool.
-Nom intensively.



Comments

Popular Posts