Deelicious Recipes: Korean Beef


Ciao all!

I’m going to share a recipe with you that I found while feeding my Pinterest addiction.  It’s special to me for three reasons. One, it’s the only recipe with ground beef that I can eat regularly. I’ve never been the biggest fan of ground beef. I can handle it in meatball and patty form, but it gets boring. Two, The Boyfriend became utterly addicted to this dish. Seriously. I was considering sending him to rehab. He actually learned to make it himself (not something he does often!) and made it weekly for a good while. I think he’s finally burnt out on it now, thank God, but it is seriously delicious, which brings me to: Three, it is a very delicious recipe that is very inexpensive. Always a good thing. Without further ado, I give you Korean Beef!

….what up.



The picture isn’t mine. Oddly enough, I haven’t actually taken a picture of this dish when I’ve made it. Maybe because it looks like a pile of ground beef with onions on top. But trust me, it’s delicious!

1 pound ground beef
1/4 - 1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon sesame oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
¼-1/2 teaspoon ground ginger, or to taste
Red pepper to taste
salt and pepper
Green onions, chopped.

Grab a skillet and brown ground beef at medium heat in garlic and sesame oil. Once sufficiently brown, drain and add soy sauce, brown sugar, and spices. Simmer until flavours are fused (taste test!). Top with green onions. Nom intensively. I’ve eaten it over rice, noodles, added broccoli, whatever tickles your fancy.

All right, I’m off to write. Love you all! Dee out.

Comments

Popular Posts