Low on Steam



Hello, all.

I’m late on my blog post because, quite frankly, I’ve run out of steam. Not in the blog, specifically—I fucking love ranting, as we know—but I’m not sure I can sit down and do anything creative and productive this month.

The holidays are an extremely stressful time for anyone working in retail. The lines are long, tensions run high, everything is very fast paced. I’ve always avoided shopping around the holidays, so being in the midst of it is a new experience. That’s all I’ll say about that.

For a lot of reasons, this holiday season has drained me of the desire to do anything but collapse onto the couch and escape the world by reading or surfing Pinterest. The biggest factor is my depression rearing its hideous head. At the worst time possible. I’m getting through it and the Boyfriend is being a saint dealing with my sudden mini breakdowns and crying spells, all the obnoxiousness that comes with a depression spell. I owe him big.

So for now, a couple quick updates. Hopefully I’ll be able to post, but if not, I’ll be back when the holidays have passed and my insanity meter has successfully set itself back to “eccentric”.

Super Quick Update: I didn't make it to the dinner party scene in Demetrius and Chloe, which had been my ultimate goal, but I’m not disappointed in the least. All sorts of chapters popped up that I hadn't planned. And, best of all, I actually have a plot for the middle! I do! I’m so excited! I don’t have an ending yet, but like I said before, middles are my kryptonite, and I actually have a direct line to the climax. Fucking yay!
The Boyfriend and I have our own Elf on the Shelf, which is a ridiculous holiday tradition. Basically,  Elf on the Shelf is based on the premise that Santa has a little elf per household, watching the children and flying to the North Pole each night to report to Santa. When children wake up, they search for their elves, finding them in different places than they had been the night before, as if they had been to the North Pole overnight. We have decided to make this a Christmas tradition in our household...and fuck it up.
This is our Elf, who looks just a wee bit different than the traditional Elf on the Shelf. In my opinion, I made him less creepy than the original, but you know, that’s just me. We haven’t come up with a name for him, but here are a few places we've “found” him around the house.

Yep...this is the elf Santa sent to watch us, though the name "Santa" might be a misspelling.
                                                       

With Freddy.
Rough night.

                                          


GOOD MORNING!!!

Now, off to kick off my Christmas movie month with one of my favourite holiday films...Die Hard.

Comments

Popular Posts