A Bite-sized Update.

Hello all!

So, confession: I...skipped a blog week.

I'm a bad, dirty, naughty blog neglector. :spank:

However alot has been going on in my life. Mostly financial problems. For example, my gas was shut off, which means I'm forced to take ice cold showers. Last night for Ination I made tons of tiny fake dreads with Got2B Glued. What followed later that night was the worst. Shower. Ever. My Chicago fund is fast disappearing, and I'm beginning to panic about that. In short, I could write an entire post about how much money sucks, but I don't really feel like whining.

My parents have agreed to take Stella in until August, which is a monumental relief. Being that far away from my baby is going to kill me, though. I had to go one day without seeing her while she was staying at Swarley's girlfriend's apartment, and I cried. I have no idea how I'm going to handle seeing her maybe once a month, if my budget allows for that much gas. Mom and Dad are, to say the least, less than thrilled about taking her, but I know she'll be in capable and loving hands. They know she's just about everything to me, and they'll take fantastic care of her. This situation couldn't have turned out better for Stella. You know, other than my landlord never finding out about her.

My little anarchist and I are going to be separated for a while.


Now a month (wow, a month exactly! Holy crap!) into a relationship, I'm realizing just how damaged I've been by my last romantic endeavor: the cheating ex-fiance of which I've occasionally spoken. I'm having a rough time, mostly with trust and my own mental cycle of anxiety, but I'm working on it. My boyfriend (who is insanely sweet, understanding, and inhumanly patient with me) is a really private person in this respect, and so am I, so I won't be doing any "relationship" posts on Bite Me, but I will say this: Even though we're technically on semi-friendly terms now, the next time I see my ex, I'm going to have to keep myself from ripping his dick off with a pair of pliers for fucking me up this badly.

I'm twelve shades of excited about being Laertes in Hamlet. The more I go over my lines, the more I love the character. Other than the trickery with the poison, Laertes is a very genuine person who wears all of his emotions in the open. He doesn't care about what's socially proper, especially when his life starts to spiral. He openly mourns his sister, with whom he was so close, openly despises Hamlet, whom he blames for the death of his family, and couldn't care less what happens to him, his title or his everlasting soul, so long as the person who wronged him gets what they have coming to them. He's foolish in his Machiavellian views of revenge, which is what ultimately kills him (that and Claudius is a manipulative ass hat), but you have to admire someone who doesn't wear masks in a court full of conspiracy and betrayal. I did, however, lose my voice today partially because I was reciting my lines unrestrained, and by that I mean loudly, for a couple of hours yesterday. Today I sound like a boy going through puberty. but it's worth it. Laertes is going to be one of my favourite roles I've ever done, to be sure.

Anyway, sorry about the blandness, I'm sure I'll have something to rant about that isn't insanely whiny next week!

Love you, Bite Me readers! Mmmuah!


Comments

Popular Posts