Short Post Due to Alumni Weekend

Greetings, merry wanderers of the net. This post is going to be extremely brief. It’s Alumni Weekend, which means GG and Fratello have returned to BG and I can think of pretty much nothing but the epic times ahead. My….boy…for whom I really need to figure out a nickname…is here as well this weekend, so unfortunately you aren’t going to get a good post from me.

            Also I just remembered I have a paper due today. Ahhh…fuck.

            Anyway, mini updates.

-I got into Hamlet. I’m Laertes. Laertes! I’m twelve shades of excited. For those of you who don’t know, Laertes is the brother of Ophelia (if you don’t know who Ophelia is, we can no longer be friends.) He serves as a “foil” for Hamlet. He and Hamlet end up in similar circumstances; both of their fathers have been murdered, and each knows who the murderer is. Hamlet, who was told of the murder by a dubious “ghost” of his own father, spends the entire show brooding and formulating a plan to figure out whether or not the murderer is actually guilty. He does not want to kill an innocent. When Laertes hears of his father’s murder, however, he returns from France, forms a mob, and storms the castle. He wants blood. He’s ready to slay anyone responsible, even at the risk of his own soul (he later says he’d cut Hamlet’s throat in a church if it meant avenging his father.) So in short, Laertes is a little rash, but he’s a total badass. I’m incredibly dubious about the theme the director has chosen to mix into the show (Harry Potter…) but I’m going to keep an open mind.

Yes Branagh's version is my favourite version of Hamlet despite his insane overacting. Don't judge me.


-My landlord found out about Stella, who was conveniently not mentioned when we signed the lease. I don’t really want to get into it here, but it is an absolute disaster that they found out about her. Moving out isn’t an option, so I’m trying to find someone to take care of my baby until August, which is ripping my heart apart. I can’t imagine being separated from her. So far, it’s been hell, and the search for help is coming up fruitless, but I’m a tough bitch, and I’ll figure this out.

-As a result of my extreme stress about my landlord finding out about Stella, I’ve become really, really bitchy, unfortunately. I gave Swarley attitude yesterday, which I feel horrible about, and I even snapped at Venus a little bit on Tuesday when all of this stuff happened. I’m usually damn good at keeping my bitch mouth under control, but it’s been slipping lately, aimed at people who don’t deserve it, and it’s terrible. Hopefully I can keep it under control.

Now to bullshit my way through a 5-page paper on Hamlet and his “foils” (Laertes and Fortinbras) because, conveniently, we’re reading Hamlet in a couple weeks in my lit class.

Alumni weekend is going to rock!

Comments

Popular Posts