My Crazy Pets: Stella Crüe

It's been a terrible, terrible week, and rather than write a depressing, whiny or self-pitying post, I decided to continue with My Crazy Pets with my crazy mutant dog, Stella.
Tummy rubs!
      What to say about Stella Crue? Well, first off, she's a Hairless Chinese Crested, and yes, she's supposed to look that way. I jokingly call her my Man Repellent, but my guy friends (who call her a rat dog, The Thing, "What Big Dogs Eat", and my personal favourite, The Chupacabra) love her to death.

       At just over a year old, Stella is a half-naked bundle of destructive energy. She digs up the couch and my armchair, she sprints like a pink and white blur around the apartment, she steals food, and she has a particular vendetta against a throw pillow of mine. She spends her time tirelessly barking at people, dogs, and imaginary creatures from the window (at this very moment, I'm threatening to turn her into a tiny rug if she doesn't stop.)


An actual crime scene photo from the last Stella vs Pillow.

       Stella's just like her mama; she's small, but she won't be ignored! She loves when I have guests over, doing everything from leaping on them to peeing excitedly (aaaaargh). Stella especially loves the Quad.  She can't seem to stop jumping all over Venus and St. Jimmy (though Jimmy, a dog lover, totally encourages it).  Dio isn't really a fan of her, saying with that raised eyebrow expression that's Dio for Are you serious? You should really know this already, "I prefer big dogs." This, of course, makes Stella completely and totally in love with him. All Dio has to do is sit down in a chair and she's all over him.  Her enthusiasm and his contempt reminds me of Peppi Le Pue and that cat he always chased around, which, of course, gives me endless entertainment.

       Life with my little Punk Princess is never boring. Named for the hair band that her breed has always reminded me of, Stella Crue lives up to her name in excitement, destructiveness, and sheer anarchy. She demands your undivided attention and rewards you with rather invasive kisses. More often than not she wants nothing more in life than to be a tufted lap warmer. She's sweet, she's affectionate, and she's an absolute darling--but keep an eye on her. Stella is a food ninja, and she'll snatch pizza right out of your hand if you aren't paying attention.

       Though I love my cats, Stella is by far my most exciting roommate, and even though I want to wring her scrawny neck sometimes, I couldn't imagine life without her.
My little partner in crime...and Rufio in the background, who couldn't care less.

Comments

Popular Posts