My Crazy Pets: Rufio

Well, it's Thursday, and I don't really have an urge to rant about something (shock!) so I'm going to begin My Crazy Pets, where I post pictures of the bizarre creatures with which I live and their shenanigans.

"Oh, sorry, are you reading that? Well, take a break. It's time to pay attention to me."
This is Rufio, the youngest of my three roommates, and the self-proclaimed king of the castle. He came to me under mysterious circumstances that I won't talk about.

Rufio is more of a cuddleslut than I am (which is saying something). It doesn't matter if you're reading, cooking, fire-eating, or juggling knives; if he wants attention, he's getting it. Now. Unlike his sisters, he's also indiscriminate about who he cuddles. He'd  jump into the lap of a serial killer who had just finished chopping me up into little pieces. He's the ultimate heart-melter. Even friends of mine who hate cats are in love with him.

Ru is also one of those cats who gets into absolutely everything. His current hangout is the bathtub, for some reason, and I've burned myself with my hair straightener more than once because he's shot out from the shower curtain like a furry orange and white missile. He likes being my alarm clock, demanding my attention with a sweet coo and sinking his little demon claws into my face or feet.

Rufio is my baby boy, my nap partner, the man of the house, and he knows his place: Right between me and whatever I happen to be doing at that moment.

Comments

Popular Posts