So Please, your Grace, the Prologue is Addressed!

Greetings, merry wanderers of the net.

I'm not one for introductions, nor for any form of formal blog writing, as you'll soon find out.  They call me Dee, or D for the keyboard inept. I'm a creative writing student currently condemned to college limbo with no end in sight, and I'll probably be using this blog space for discombobulated stream-of-consciousness rants about whatever writing project on which I'm currently working, rants on random topics that catch my interest or particularly irritate me, and all sorts of nonsensical ravings about the life and times of an eccentric twenty-something.  As indicated by the previous statement, I will be using long sentences, lots of commas, and undoubtedly improper use of semicolons and dashes.

A quick rundown of things I'll probably be ranting about in due time:

"Demetrius and Chloe": A novel on which I'm currently working. It's erotica, which is totally outside my comfort zone as a writer, which is the point of my writing it. The basic plot is a young girl healing from a recent heartbreak (Chloe) is kidnapped by a devastatingly sexy gothic/industrial DJ who dabbles in human trafficking (Demetrius). Erotic antics ensue...though I haven't really gotten to any erotic part yet.

The Prima Nocta: A nonfiction piece I'm working on that guides the reader through living life as a modern-day vampire.  Yes, it's as weird as it sounds. And no, I'm not a vampire...or rather, if I were, you couldn't prove it...

Stella, Rufio, and Luka: My crazy half-naked rat dog and two cats that can be simultaneously my saviours and huge thorns in my side. They'll show up in abundance, especially Ms. Stella Crue. Yes, my dog is named after Motley Crue. She is, in fact, a rock star.

People in my life: Inevitably I will be talking a little about friends and family members. For the sake of privacy--as much as publically broadcasting my life on the internet can be "private"--I'll be changing people's names to either nicknames or something along that vein. I'll probably get in trouble anyway, but hey, that'll just mean another blog post.

G.A.D and Depression: I have Generalized Anxiety Disorder comorbid with bouts of depression. No fun, and I'm even a teensy bit uncomfortable writing about it in this sentence, but they're bound to come up, if not directly, then in the moods and themes of future posts.  We all have our baggage, this is mine.  Which reminds me of more baggage--

Night terrors: In Lolcat: Nite Terrorz. I haz them.  I have wicked nightmares, and I do distinguish nightmares from 'night terrors'. To me, night terrors are nightmares that are particularly painful, disturbing, terrifying, and mentally scarring, nightmares in which I feel physical sensation, and nightmares from which I can't wake, no matter WHAT. These will probably be the subject of a few 4am posts.  I'm also an occasional somnambolist-I sleep walk. That might come up, too.

Vampires, serial killers, and the Joker: Three things about which I am completely obsessed.  I'm also obsessed with other things, but these are the constants and the ones I most frequently rant about.

Sensualism: I am a sensualist, meaning I am acutely aware of all my senses and indulge in them at any given time. I'm especially prone to tactile obsession...I like to touch things. Like leather. And people. And marble statues at the art museum. This often leads to trouble (especially that last one), but I really wouldn't have it any other way.

And that's my long-winded, dull, and rambling introduction. I'm going to try to post on this blog at least once a week, probably either Wednesdays or Fridays.  We'll see how that goes.

Much love from the half mad,

~D.

Comments

Popular Posts